Bibby Line Group joins #iwill Campaign
#iwill is a UK-wide campaign that aims to make social action part of life for as many 10 to 20 year-olds as possible by the year 2020.
Bibby Line Group has committed to support this pledge in a number of ways:
- Through our Giving Something Back (GSB) programme, we encourage staff of all ages to participate in their individual fundraising activities for the charities they choose. This will be in the form of £-£ match funding, central fundraising opportunities and Payroll Giving. We do this through a companywide campaign.
- We commit to encourage our employees to effectively utilise their time to help others through such activities as mentoring young people or teachers via The Prince’s Trust or Teach First.
- As part of our commitment to give back to communities we operate in, Bibby Line Group will continue to support the volunteering activities of our employees and the development of certain specific ventures, such as a 21st Century Youth Facility – Wirral Youth Zone within the Merseyside region, where Bibby Line has been based for over 200 years.
- Bibby Line Group will incorporate an assessment of social action as a key performance indicator, along with promoting the GSB programme and volunteering opportunities in new starter inductions, encouraging their subsidiary divisions to do the same.
- Bibby Line Group targets to spend 1% of budgeted pre-tax profits on CSR activities. When funds within the budget are available, Bibby Line Group will also support charities related to its business, which do not benefit from the match funding detailed above.