Mentoring Scheme - How to sign up.
The Prince’s Trust
The Prince’s Trust is a leading UK youth charity helping disadvantaged young people to get their lives on track. It supports 13 to 30 year-olds who are unemployed and those struggling at school and at risk of exclusion. The Trust’s programmes give vulnerable young people the practical and financial support needed to stabilise their lives, helping develop self-esteem and skills for work.
Bibby Line Group are partnering with The Prince’s Trust to support disadvantaged young people achieve their goals, focusing for the next three years on The Prince’s Trust Enterprise Programme. This programme aims to support young people interested in self employment to explore and test their ideas, write plans and start their own businesses or achieve alternative outcomes in education, training, volunteering or work.
Bibby Line Group Employees Getting Involved
Volunteering opportunities with The Prince’s Trust include supporting the delivery of the Explore Enterprise Course, delivering Inspirational Talks to our young people, develop and delivering Specialist Workshops on areas of specific interest to the young people’s business and longer term Mentoring opportunities.
- Explore Enterprise Delivery Support – Short Term
- Explore Enterprise is a 4 day course where young people learn about topics relevant to planning and running a business and consider whether self employment is right for them
- A Bibby volunteer would support The Prince’s Trust staff in the delivery of 1 day of the Explore Enterprise course
- All materials are developed in advance and volunteers receive full session plans
- Volunteers would need to have observed at least a full day’s delivery ahead of volunteering to support themselves
- Inspirational Talks – Short Term
- During the Explore Enterprise course, young people receive an Inspirational Talk from an individual who has an entrepreneurial background or developed a business idea/strategy/department within a corporate organisation and can reflect upon their experience
- Bibby employees have the opportunity to deliver an Inspirational Talk on day 1 of the Explore Enterprise course
- Inspiration Talks lasts 30-40mins with Q&A afterwards
- Inspiration Talks often focus on the speakers business and personal experiences of overcoming challenges, crisis management, leadership, motivation, passion, drive etc
- Next Steps & Business Mentoring– Long Term
- Next Steps & Business Mentors support young people on their journey after the Explore Enterprise 4 day course
- Next Steps Mentors work with young people for 3 months meeting with them once a month during the working week
- Business Mentors support a young person for 1-2 years meeting a mentee once a month during the working week
- All Mentees will receive 2 days of training ahead of being paired with a mentee & are fully supported by The Prince’s Trust
- Next Steps Mentors help a young person to decide if the Enterprise programme is the correct route for them and establish next steps if they decide it is no longer suitable
- Business Mentors help a young person to develop their business plan, help with motivation, commitment, the young person’s application for funding and through to starting up their business
- Specialist Workshops – Mid Term
- Bibby employees can develop and deliver their own Specialised Workshops to help young people with specific areas of business utilising their own specialist areas of expertise
- Bibby volunteers would be required to spend half a day/evening planning the workshop and then a separate half a day delivering the workshop to the young people
- Topics that would be most beneficial for our young people in the Liverpool region include:
- New Media/Social Media
- How to run a successful online business - including legalities, trading standards etc
- Networking Skills & Confidence Improvement
- Intellectual Property
- Financial Management
- Contracts and Terms & Conditions (legal aspects)
- How to Sell Your Service/Product - for those close to launching
- Customer Retention - for those close to launching
To register your interest for any of the above volunteering opportunities complete THIS FORM and sacn it over to firstname.lastname@example.org.